..we decided to plant indoors afterall..after discussing it and saying we were not going to do it we decided to do it anyway. A* started a bunch of tomatoes, basil, some ornimental grasses and such..basically 1/2 of the garden boxes have their square foot spoken for.
During the planting I noted to A* that there was a squirrel outside so she took a break to take a shot. Just to make it more challenging for her I constantly adjust the scope on the pellet gun so that it does not shoot the same..one day you need to aim 1 tick higher..another day it needs to be 3 ticks lower..This comment should also help to show how ofter A* checks this blog.
Anyway..with all the work going on inside I needed to go outside to do some work. I ripped down that piece of shit greenhouse type structure I built last month..it worked great but without constantly monitoring it the veggies that did start to grow got burnt out..too dry and too hot. We also said that this year we were going to spend more time making sure the pH levels were all OK since it is not something we have been really aware of. We tested the levels of all the boxes and determined the average to be 7.25..or in other words too akaline. It needed some more acid to grow the veggies we want so I added some Peat Moss and tilled it in..I also added some compost from last year that had broken down..All the boxes are now DONE and ready for planting..last day for frost is mid-May..so by then the soil should have properly stablized..and the veggie season can really begin!