..the first shot perfectly frames 4 pending jobs..finish the trellise, restack the firewood, chunk the cut lengths and do the floor inside..darg.
Today I picked the easy job…the trellise. A month or so ago I transformed it from a shitty looking structure to a structure that was more solid and not shitty yet. Today I started giving the plants something to grab onto as they grow..
One of the best things about this project is that materials are easy to come by..they are just going to be a tangle of branches trimmed down.
I used mostly young maples that were freshly cut..that way they still had some flexibility enable me to weave them together..to hold them in place.
A crappy picture..the picture not the work..Anyway..it is a start…I am going to spend some more time on it tomorrow and try to finish it off. So far it is not what I had planned in my mind’s eye. I plan on going all the way to the top and filling it in quite a bit more..Our hope is that in a couple of years it will get all grown in and give us some privacy..not to mention look good..but then again the best laid plans of mice and men sometimes go awry. We will see..I am not all that artistic and I am impatient on top of that.