..there was a a way into the shed besides the holes in the floor I was working on sealing. I need to caulk this but I am waiting for the roof to be done ( I keep forgetting to buy a $3 drill piece)
After I finished I went back inside the house and came back out and a chipmunk was inside the shed. A good chance to see if I got all the holes..so I semi-chased him all over the shed with the door closed. He did not seem too scared of me but he didn’t want to get close..he did not get out anywhere! So I turned away to grab some sunflower seeds for him and turned back. There he was…gone. It dawned on me only then what my problem really was. The floor panels have designed dips that are 1.5 inches high and so do the walls so around 20% of the floor originally had spaces where a chipmunk could get in. It would be open season for mice.. much of the floor had a solution to the problem with a piece of metal cut to cover all the gaps, so I did the same with some spare pieces of flashing…I think it’s called flashing.
I left a little pile of sunflower seeds so it should be interesting to see if it remains intact..now I need to remember to remind myself to pick up that drill piece so we can get to start finishing this version of the shed.