So we wanted more space to grow..and we also wanted to rock pick out the area which was destumped last summer..so we combined tasks and created 8 more garden boxes. Nothing too compicated, we took the rocks from around 1/2 of the cleared area and put them into 2 rows of boxes. Then we got out the pick-axe and shovels and tilled/dug up the soil..mostly clay (which will have to be amended if we want to grow anything this summer..but not now)
This picture gives you are idea as to the area which is partially cleared..some rocks were too big to move so we are going to leave them then keep on bringing in more and more horse manure to cover the whole area ( besides the garden boxes)..we are hoping to have a good portion covered this year.
..looks like this weekend we will be bringing in some additives for the boxes…we are also hoping that once we amend the soil the soil will remain more moist then the raised boxes..and we are also hoping not to have to cut down too many of the offending shade trees!