Well..it has ben 10 years since we completed the chicken coop..and 5 years since we had chickens..so time for a cleanup.
We never did put anything on the outside to protect things and water/squirrels and mice have been at work..so the first thing we did was remove all of the insulation and things..
The idea for us is to change the coop into a bigger shed by putting the structure on posts and then extending the structure..then turning the old shed into a bunkie of sorts ( after putting it on posts too in ( all in (double) preperation for putting our house/camp/x on a foundation in the next couple of years.
The place was a mess..but it is cleaned up and keeping the bikes safe and dry until the work of putting in comcrete piers can begin in a week or 2. Might have some time on my hands due to nCOVID-19.
The hole in the last shot is not rot related but Loki and squirrel related. All the time I was working on the coop Loki had it in her mind that I was only doing the work to scare out any squirrels which Loki has been hunting for 5 years. By the time I finished round 1 of cleaning Loki was a tired disaster due to constant running around looking for imaginary squirrels running out of the structure.